Monday, July 26, 2010

When?

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and I only need to make it one more week! Dane and Maci are definitely ready to get out! On Saturday around 4 pm I started having contractions every minute to minute and a half and they lasted 50-55 seconds. So after an hour of having contractions Ryan called my doctor and he told us to go to labor and delivery to be monitored, something I'm very use to by now. When we made it there they set me up in triage, got the babies on the monitor, gave me iv fluids, and a shot to try and stop the contractions. The shot helped for a little but then the contractions came back and then they wanted to give me another shot but I told them I didn't want one because it made me feel really sick. So they just told me to take my nifedipine, which I've been taking 4 times a day since I was first admitted to the hospital at 31 weeks, which helps stop my contractions. Then they wheeled me to labor and delivery to monitor even longer to see if my contractions would stop, they gradually became smaller and smaller and finally let me go after 4 hours of being there. I'm pretty much sick of the hospital and the only time I want to go back is to actually have the babies without them trying to stop it! I'm glad I've made it this far but both me and Ryan are ready to see our little Maci and Dane:) Hopefully my next post will be tons of cute pictures of our little munchkins:)

No comments: