Thursday, October 11, 2007

Same Ole'

Not a whole lot has happened since my last post so nobody has really missed much:) I'm still in search of a job and getting really stir crazy! There are only so many things I can clean and clean until it's completely spotless and I'm left with not a whole lot to do. I've been cooking and baking alot more which is fun:) I attempted to make stromboli the other night and it actually turned out really good:) Duke and Ryan liked it anyway:) We have been hanging out with Duke quite a bit, as usual. I'm glad atleast he likes to hang out with the married couple, lol:) Our next door neighbors, Mark and Cheri, are kind of tied down right now b/c Cheri was put on bedrest. They are having their second little one November 11th. They have an adorable little girl with the biggest blue eyes, Julliet and they are having a boy:) Needless to say we haven't been able to hang out with them too much:( Ryan is really tied down with school and work lately. He has a test on Saturday that he is cramming for and he is taking his Life Insurance test this coming Tuesday, then all of his Midterms. He is really busy and stressed with everything and I really don't want to add to it. So I try and just give him room to study and do good on all of his test. It's hard though b/c I'm alone all day with nobody to talk to and then when he comes home he basically has to start studying all night:( I've been trying to start scrapbooking but it's really expensive, especially initially when you have to get all the basic supplies. So that hobby is out until I get a job and once I start working again I won't have time for it. Hopefully soon I'll get pregnant. We both want to have a baby so bad. As most of you know it's taking a little longer for us to get pregnant. I'm trying to be patient but I just want to have a baby so bad and I want to start that stage of my life. We are praying every night that it will happen so hopefully soon:)
Last Sunday after conference Ryan and I got really stir crazy so we went out to Bridal Veil Falls. It was freezing so we had to bundle up. It was so nice to get out of the house. I love when the leaves start changing all different colors, it's so pretty:) We took some pictures of our walk out there, enjoy! I also have some pictures of us and our neighbors attempting to make fried ice cream :) I video taped our 1st attempt of the fried ice cream and Ryan and Mark taste testing it:) Winter is already here in Utah and I'm not looking forward to the 6 to 7 month winter. I am looking forward to hot chocolate though:) Well I have kind of blabbed enough for one post. I love you all!!






4 comments:

LINDA said...

Hey Alyssa and Ryan,
I guess once a month isn't too bad for a blog. That ice cream looks pretty goooooooood!!!!! and I bet it melts in your mouth:). Hope you both have a great week. Take luck,lol, on your test this week Ryan, we are really hoping you do well. Also, Alyssa, we hope your job search is successful. I guess we'll check here in another month,lol. Anywho, we love you both and hope things will continue to go well.

Love,
Mimi, poke,poke,poke

ashley said...

Hi Alyssa! Great to hear from you and see the photos. Mom is here and she says hello as well. We love you and hope the job search turns up something great...soon! I have a lot of friends who have taken more than a year to get pregnant so try not to get too discouraged. We'll keep you in our prayers. I know it's hard though when you really want it to happen. Enjoy the time you have with Ryan as a married couple...life will be different (and wonderful) with kids, but it will never be the same. We love and miss you. Keep bloggin! We need more cute Alyssa photos :)

love,
ashley

Susan said...

HEy!!!! Finally a post! Honestly I check your blog every day and hope that you have written something. Yay!!!! I was excited to see one today. Anywho, we're praying for you!!! Hopefully you get something soon cause I know how it is to be without a job with nothing to do (and no money at that!). I want to start scrapbooking again too. My mom has tons of supplies so that makes it easier, I just have a billion and 1 photos of Savy that I can't even begin to start choosing which ones I want to use. Anywho, Blogging is always a good hobby (hint hint).

Love, Slusan!

Amber Marie said...

Lyss,

How do you fry ice cream? I've heard of it before but didn't think-realize you can actually FRY the ice cream. So how was it?? We'll keep you guys in our prayers as far as pregnancy goes. My best friend is in the same situation. Enjoy the cold, the heat index here was 100 today!!